There is nothing worse than coming home from a long day at work to discover a huge dent in your garage door. Once you get past the initial frustration and find the culprit, you’ll probably want to figure out whether your dented garage door can be fixed.
Read all about what to do concerning this issue and similar damages to your door in this blog post. For a quick and efficient solution, you should contact a garage door repair service in Carlsbad and worry no more.
Is it possible to fix a dented garage door?
Whether or not you can repair a dented garage door depends on various factors, such as the following:
- Dent type: A dent can appear due to regular wear and tear. It might also be the result of a car bumping into the door. Finally, it can be a consequence of strong wind, hailstorms, or other weather conditions
- Size of the indentation: The bigger the indentation, the more demanding the repair will probably be
- Location of the damage: As for the location of the damage, it’s an important consideration because it can affect the functions of the door, such as its opening and closing features
- The material of the garage door: Some materials are easier to repair and replace than others. For example, wooden doors are usually more complicated to fix than those made of steel and aluminum
- Other damage the dent may have caused
If your garage door is working properly even with the dent, chances are you can repair it with ease. Certain dents may require some simple smoothing out, while others may need hammering or heating and cooling.
Can a damaged garage door be repaired?
The possibility of repairing your garage door depends on several factors. As soon as you notice anything wrong with your door, you should inspect it immediately. If you can’t fix the issue or you don’t want to risk making it worse, you should turn to professional help. This way, you will know for sure whether the door must be repaired or replaced.
Besides dents, other minor damage like scratches and dings can typically be dealt with quickly. As for more serious issues, you should leave them to the pros.
Your door may be stuck or making loud noises, or it could be going up and down without stopping. Something like this has to be addressed as soon as possible, so finding a company with emergency service is of utmost importance.
If everything works properly in spite of the damage, you may feel compelled to put off the repairs. But this way, your door is more susceptible to further damage, and it is also more appealing to burglars.
Book a garage door repair service in Carlsbad
Once you’ve found and inspected the damage on your door, you need to act quickly so you don’t spend sleepless nights wondering if your home is safe. You can contact RockStar Garage Door Services and let us take care of the issue in record time.
Whether you want to schedule the repairs when it’s most convenient for you or if the door requires immediate care, we can help. With our 15-year experience and same-day emergency service, there’s nothing we can’t handle. Our expert employees will also assist with maintenance, check-ups, or door installations.
If you are unsure whether your garage door should be repaired, give us a call. Our excellent customer service will answer any questions you may have. Contact RockStar Garage Door Service today and restore your door to its former glory!